You are probably already familiar with forums or discussions. Creating new forums is a bit different here to what you might be used to.
To create your own forum post, you will need to...
1. Go to 'New Stuff', scroll down to 'Forums' and click on it.
Note: 'New Stuff' is located to the right of your name at the upper left-hand side of the screen.
2. You will then be asked to choose a location for your forum. For now, please add this to 'Teacher Community'.
3. Create a title for your forum post.
4. If you want to mark your post as a question, tick the box that says, 'Mark this discussion thread as a question'.
Why would I want to mark the post as a question?
This encourages people to answer for points and helps you track answers.
5. Create your post, attaching docs, links or pictures, if you like.
6. Add relevant tags at the bottom.
What is a tag?
It's a word or a group of words separated by commas or underscore that describe your post. This document has the following tags: discussion_post, create, forum
7. Click on 'Post Message'.
Feel free to add as many forum posts as you like.
If you have any questions, feel free to add your comments to this wiki document.
The PearsonLongman.com team